Nokia X7 Symbian Belle Specification
Nokia has confirmed the availability of Symbian Belle for Nokia X7, but you should expect the updates in 4 Qtr of 2011.
Belle is the code name for Symbian's OS latest version. It offers refreshed UI with better icons and fonts, appealing visuals and animations and a portrait-oriented full QWERTY keyboard. Belle also comes with great performance improvements which means its more responsive to your input and save battery life.
Symbian belle features more customizations, new widgets and apps and NFC support.
The Symbian Belle upgrade is set to arrive before the end of the year, and one of the current range of Nokia smartphones that can look forward to an overhaul is the Symbian Anna-based Nokia X7. We look at what to expect when the upgrade arrives.
Symbian Belle: 10 things you need to know
- Nokia has been developing Symbian at a furious pace over the past few months, and the Nokia X7 does a great job of proving the point.
- After all, here we are talking about what the Symbian Belle will bring to the Nokia X7 when the big-screened X Series flagship itself debuted Symbian Anna when it went on sale less than three months ago.
- But while Symbian Anna is one of the Nokia X7's bigger plus points, there's no question that Symbian Belle's arrival will make a big difference.
- Let's take a look, then, at what Symbian Belle has to offer. We'll cover the main points we know about, though it's worth mentioning that when the Symbian Anna update rolled out for the four Symbian^3 handsets included, there were individual variations for a couple of the handsets that delivered specific features and slight variations on the basic themes. There's every possibility that Nokia will repeat the same practice with the Symbian Belle update, but it's too early at this stage to know if that'll impact on the Nokia X7 specifically.
- That said, we do know the NFC-based features that are part of what makes Symbian Belle look so appealing on the Nokia 600, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701 won't apply to the Nokia X7 as it doesn't have NFC capabilities on the hardware side.
- But as for the rest, it still makes for an upgrade well worth looking forward to.
- For starters, there will be few handsets that will be feel the difference of Symbian Belle's new free-form homescreen widgets more than the Nokia X7. With the ability to resize and arrange your widgets however you please over a total of six 4-inch homescreens, the Nokia X7 really will be one of the most flexible and most easily personalised Nokia smartphones ever with Symbian Belle running on board.
- Similarly, a feature like live multi-tasking previews will be most significantly appreciated on larger-screened phones where you can really use the feature to its full potential, while the new lock screen and pull-down status bar will be similarly convenient too.
- In truth the Symbian Belle upgrade looks to be a big step forward for all the Symbian Anna brigade, whether they've only recently upgraded to Anna from Symbian^3, or have launched with Symbian Anna on board from the start such as the Nokia E6 and Nokia X7.
- There's a tremendous amount to look forward to, and we say that in the near certainty that we don't even know the full extent of what the upgrade will mean to the Nokia X7 and its Symbian Anna stablemates. We're happy to say we look forward to finding out more.
Related Post link: